Sunday, September 18, 2005

Double Eagle - The Tale of a Miniature Painting Service in Asia

Hello. And welcome to the blog of how I've chosen to completely change my life.

I used to work a real job once. Managing a mid-sized medical practice, wearing a tie, commuting across the state, working insane hours, getting lousy pay (did I mention the lousy pay? The pay - it was
totally lousy). It didn't take me long to realize that this sort of thing was all I had to look forward to if I stayed in suburban corporate America.

I had to get out. I needed to make my own path. I had to stop being a victim of capitalism and instead be empowered by it. A good friend of mine who built a 12 million dollar company in six months, told me there are two ways of getting rich: one, being a salesman; two, starting your own business. I had no more interest in wearing ties, and that just left me becoming an entrepreneur.

But what was I going to do?

Well, I knew I wanted to wargame - so I started there. A year of research, getting laid off, and a one-way ticket home later, here I am.

With your help, let's see how far I get.

- Navin Weeraratne,
Colombo, Sri Lanka

No comments: